This dental ce course provides a programmed approach to predictably diagnose and treatment plan both simple to extremely difficult cases. Utilizing the standardized records discussed in our dental courses Functional Occlusion- from TMJ to Smile Design and Achieving Predictable Esthetic Results each dentist will discover how to visualize optimum dentistry from an esthetic, functional, biological and structural perspective. You will learn to apply the four treatment options: reshaping, repositioning, restoring and surgical correction, which are a critical component of step-by-step dental treatment planning checklists. After gaining knowledge in these areas, our instructors walk through case studies showing you the correct option(s) for each patient. Once a specific, comprehensive treatment plan is decided upon, then the critical step of sequencing the treatment for efficiency and profitability will be determined and discussed. Since you cannot practice complete dentistry without a complete plan, our students learn how to segment large treatment plans enabling patients with financial issues to receive optimum treatment over time without compromising their oral health.
The focus of this continuing dental education program is to integrate a comprehensive dental treatment planning process into your practice. Recommendations based on best practices are discussed to help assist you with organizing your busy schedule and a creating a space for optimum treatment planning. How to present your treatment plan will also be discussed as well as many other aspects of procedures and materials.
Course Size: 20
- Establish a step-by-step process for treatment planning any restorative case, from the simplest to the most complex.
- Explore why 90% of mistakes occur not during the restorative phase, but rather during the treatment planning process.
- Plan and visualize ideal esthetics and ideal function.
- Discover the need for/value of quality records.
- Master all of the critical checklists used to treatment plan every case.
- Investigate how the teeth should be positioned in space for optimum esthetics, phonetics and function.
- Identify specifically how to utilize the diagnostic photographs in conjunction with mounted diagnostic models to visualize an optimum course of treatment.
- Work on actual study casts to apply these concepts.
- Develop an ideal, efficient and profitable treatment sequence for each case.
- Create a segmented treatment plan so that optimum care can be delivered over a longer period of time.
- Organize your schedule and create a treatment planning process within your practice.
- Breakdown your schedule to create a consultation process within your practice; one that will connect with your patients wants and needs, as well as boost case acceptance.