This 2-day course consists of a combination of lecture and laboratory exercises (about 50% lecture and 50% hands-on working with extracted teeth). Limited to 10 dentists. 16 hours of CE credit. Topics will include re-treatment, removal of separated instruments, MTA, trauma, open apices, resorption, shaping and cleaning of difficult canal anatomy, and others. See Course Objectives below for more details.
The course material is relevant to all dentists, especially to those with a keen interest in diagnosing and treating complex endodontic cases. Dentists who have a microscope or who are considering acquiring one will find this course very useful. (The other 2-day course offered by Endodontics Unsponsored is titled Shaping, Cleaning, and Obturating Root Canal Systems. It is NOT a requirement to take Course #1 prior to Course #2).
- To learn more about treatment of traumatized teeth (e.g. horizontal root fractures, pulpal obliteration, internal bleaching).
- To learn more about treatment of teeth with open apices.
- To learn more about diagnosis and treatment of root resorption (internal and different types of external).
- To learn more about diagnosing unfixable endodontic problems (e.g. root fractures).
- To learn more about diagnosing and treating fixable endodontic failures (e.g. locating untreated canals, removing contaminated and/or short gutta percha).
- To learn more about when and how to treat perforations.
- To learn when to use MTA and similar materials and how to handle them.
- To learn more about endodontic re-treatment including removal of crowns/bridges, posts, gutta percha, pastes, Thermafil (plastic and metal carriers), silver points, separated instruments.
- To learn more about treating calcified, ledged, blocked, and severely curved canals. This will include an update on most of the file systems presently available.
- To learn more about ‘advanced’ irrigation techniques to better clean complex canal anatomy.
What will be supplied for each participant:
- Microscope (Global Surgical)
- High & slow speed handpieces and burs
- Electric handpiece for shaping with rotary and reciprocating files
- Ultrasonic unit (P5)
- Hand files
- Rotary and Reciprocating files – we supply EdgeEndo, GT, Hyflex, K3, Profiles, ProTapers, Sequence, TF, Typhoon, Vortex, Vortex Blue, V-Taper 2, and WaveOne files.
- Post and file removal tools
- Portland cement (used as substitute for MTA) and Biodentine
- Gutta percha for warm vertical and lateral obturation
- Digital radiography
- System B and Obtura
- Gloves and masks
- Lunch, drinks, and snacks