Healthcare practitioners are currently faced with the challenges of both treating and preventing the increasing incidence of chronic illness with a focus on obesity related diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Educating populations on the impact of diet and lifestyle on chronic disease and overall health has become a key area in addressing these global public health concerns.
The Mediterranean is known for the generally good health of its population, in part due to embracing traditional healthy lifestyles and a cuisine that provides health benefits derived from following a Mediterranean diet model. However, like many developed countries, they are challenged with implementing new healthcare reforms within the context of increasing budgetary restrictions and the healthcare demands of a growing aging population if they wish to maintain current healthcare standards. Now, more than ever, it is important for healthcare professionals to collaborate with colleagues and global counterparts to gain cross-cultural perspectives and updates in the treatment and prevention of disease. By design, this program offers opportunities for professionals to compare and contrast current best practices to provide quality patient care and outcomes in their own professional setting.
Planned In-Country Healthcare Topics Include:
- Healthcare Systems Overview
- Treatment and Prevention Strategies for Common Chronic Illnesses (i.e. cardiovascular, diabetes)
- Evaluating the Impact of Diet and Lifestyle on Disease
- Dental Healthcare Updates: Delivery & Treatment
- Top Medical/Disease Issues: Challenges & Conquests
- Updates in Travel Medicine & Medicine at Sea
- Preventive and intervention strategies to improve population health
- Back to the Future: Ancient Wisdom & Modern Cures
- Wellness & Stress Management for Medical Professionals