The second surgical course in the LVI Implant Continuum provides more in-depth training of more advanced implant and grafting techniques. This course is designed for those looking to really enhance their basic knowledge and skills in Implantology. We will discuss the basics on immediate placement of an implant after extraction. We will be expanding into more complicated extractions and discuss free-hand protocols and when to use them or graft.
Advanced grafting options and multi-site guided implants sites will be discussed as well. We will discuss flap design, ridge augmentation, ridge splitting, lateral sinus grafting, sinus tenting, implant removal and much more as requested by the members attending. There will also be 2 live surgeries during the course and doctors have the option of bringing a live case based on instructor review and approval. Students will have the option to complete two cases within two weeks of course completion and submit to LVI for clinical review to receive additional CE credit.
The objectives of this course are for the participant to be able to:
- Discuss various flap designs and suturing techniques.
- Utilize ridge augmentation techniques.
- Complete advanced extraction cases.
- Recognize when to graft or do an immediate implant placement.
- Discuss the benefits of tunnel grafting, ridge splitting with immediate implant placement, block grafting, and bone harvesting.
- Discuss the advantages of Pieazo Electric surgery.
- Utilize the applications for tenting screws and titanium- reinforced membranes for hard and soft tissue grafting.
- Utilize the technique of Lateral Sinus Grafting.
- Discuss potential surgical complications and management.
- Discuss implant denture surgical protocols.