Hundreds of millions of people of all ages around the world suffer from deadly obstructive sleep apnea. Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) has been linked to Cardiovascular Disease, Cerebrovascular Insult, Endocrine Disorders and Obesity. Our medical colleagues are asking for our help, NOW! OSA is considered a disease of craniofacial anatomy so the ONUS is on dentists to identify and help manage OSA sufferers.
Are you prepared to start SAVING LIVES?
This three-day program presents an excellent introduction to evidence-based Dental Sleep Medicine and is designed to prepare dentists and their teams to confidently identify, refer and help co-manage patients with snoring and deadly obstructive sleep apnea. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the relationships between sleep breathing disorders, neuromuscular dentistry and health. They can discover how to get started, immediately expanding their diagnostic acumen and scope of practice.
The goal of this course is for all participating dentists to become the Dental Sleep Physicians that medical sleep specialists want and need to recognize and refer patients. The possibility of knowing what to do about OSA when you return to your office on Monday morning should encourage you to experience this course!
- Triage patients using flowchart – TMD, OSA, Complex
- Discuss sleep and breathing physiology; normal and pathologic.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of airway and its relationship to OSA and TMD
- Integrate OSA signs and symptoms into routine dental diagnostics.
- Identify and differentiate OSA sufferers versus snorers with 99% accuracy.
- Discus why TENSing is important
- Perform OSA Consultation examination/palpation.
- Select snoring and OSA appliances.
- Utilize Combination Therapy – Jointly treating both TMD and OSA at the same time
- Understand medical appliance fabrication and the use of the various instruments available
- Utilize Transition Therapy from OSA to restorative treatment.
- Understand how to make OSA more practical, efficient and profitable