Level Two (2) will build on the information in Level 1 and further explore aspects that provide the practitioner to discern or determine a differential diagnosis when treating complicated cases.
All disciplines mentioned in the Practical Advanced TMD Continuum summary synopsis Case Therapies will be discussed and an opportunity will be presented for the participants to have their own cases evaluated and discussed in detail.
The objectives of this course are for the participant to be able to:
- Discuss a gnathologist’s interpretation of computer generated data
- Utilize the EMG to identify ascending versus descending pain reference patterns
- Correlate objective data to patient history and physical findings
- Discuss practical and relevant aspects of case stabilization including co-therapy
- Utilize advanced EMG/ESG data collection and interpretation protocols
- Utilize Scans 2, 13 and 15 to help diagnose the TMD condition
- Understand the growth and development of the crania-facial structures.
- Understand the functional classifications of craniomandibular disorders
- Identify upper airway obstruction in the development of malocclusion , micrognathia and reconstruction failures
- Describe etiology and correction of tongue thrust and TMD malocclusion.
- Understand the importance of testing the cranial nerve and the use of radiographic analysis.
- Identify postural effects and their interrelationships with occlusion.
- Understand the neurological and neurotransmitter control of mastication and posture.
- Discuss the functional anatomy of the autonomic nervous system.
- Identify options for treatment of pain such as acupuncture meridian and auricular acupuncture.
- Understand the importance of Sleep Breathing Disorders and its impact on the NM balance
- Perform diagnostic injections into trigger points to help with diagnosis