This 3-day course focuses on the restoration of the simple to more advanced implant clinical cases, both fixed and removable. The objective of this course is to build confidence in the dental team to successfully take on and systematically complete these simple to challenging cases. If your patients require implants in combination with natural teeth, a full mouth implant reconstruction or even an implant denture reconstruction, this course is designed to provide the tools and procedures required to successfully manage and complete these cases.
The objectives of this course are for the participant to be able to:
- Comprehensively Sequence the removable prosthesis
- Communicate effectively with the denture patient
- Discuss functionality of all types denture options
- Take the Impression for partial
- Take the bite
- Retain? Tooth vs. Implant
- Fabricate a NM denture that is more stable than a traditional denture (Covered in New You Denture Just Highlights)
- Discuss Locators, O Rings & Balls options in detail and discuss optimally when and how to use each.
- Discuss benefits and challenges of a denture with a pallet and non-pallet with discussion of taste, texture & temperature sensation considerations.
- Discuss Bars, Screw Retained (Non-Patient removable) and the Pro & Con of Each
- Discuss immediate load Pro & Cons
- Utilize impression techniques, including digital impressions.
- Discuss abutment choices: standard abutments versus custom abutments, ceramic versus titanium abutments.
- Recognize indications for cemented versus screw-retained crowns and individual crown options versus splinting.
- Discuss implant restoration torque requirements and cement options.
- Utilize impression techniques and bite transfers for implant reconstructions.
- Restore implant cases to C.O. or neuromuscular occlusion.
- Utilize the step-by-step approach to restoring implant cases that involve implant-natural teeth combinations as well as full implant reconstructions.
- Discuss all of the denture and restorative options available, which include: fixed and removable hybrid appliances, bar attachments, locators, ORS attachments, and locking attachments.
- Utilize the newest denture options of fixed or fixed-detachable all-ceramic implant dentures.
- Utilize techniques for immediate load, immediate temporization, and tissue development.
- Complete neuromuscular full mouth reconstructions.