Creating Anterior Masterpieces and Transitional Bonding (Uses and Techniques)
Course Overview – Part I:
You will learn how to sculpt and layer composite resin to achieve proper tooth contour that can mimic the natural tooth. Learn a technique that will allow you to create restorations that can rival porcelain.
A conservative technique that is long lasting and easily repairable.
Each participant will take a dark central incisor A-4 and create an A-1 direct veneer. A class 4 restoration on the adjacent incisor will be created. A peg lateral will be used in order to create a full bonded crown.
Different effects will be shown and completed by the participants for incisal translucency and characterizations.
Course Overview – Part II:
- To take full arch restorative cases and use these techniques to turn complex cases into single tooth or quadrant dentistry cases
- For provisionalization and lab communication in veneer cases
- To help guide the orthodontist with final positioning prior to removal of braces
The transitional bonding techniques will be presented in power point presentations. You will have the opportunity to practice transitional bonding on 6 lower anterior teeth using a template matrix. Techniques will be demonstrated to create predictable results in a cost-effective manner. You will also have the opportunity to incorporate the esthetic effects learned in Part I.
Learning Objectives – Part I:
- Learn a layering technique to mimic dentin and enamel
- Utilize tints and opaquers to achieve natural esthetics
- Fabricate a silicone index for precise determination of incisal edges, lingual contours and establishing embrasure form
- Learn finishing and polishing techniques to create all types of surface texture
Learning Objectives – Part II:
- Learn transitional bonding techniques to achieve esthetic results that are cost effective
- Learn to enhance orthodontic results using transitional bonding as an effective communication for final tooth positioning for the orthodontist
- How to use of transitional bonding in the everyday practice