Join us on this exclusive accredited Professional People to People exchange program and experience a rare behind-the-scenes glimpse into Cuba’s acclaimed healthcare system, plus a healthy dose of island culture and history.
After many years, Americans are again able to travel to Cuba under a new ’people-to-people’ program authorized by the U.S. Treasury Department, which provides an opportunity to interact with Cubans through educational exchanges concerning art, music, culture, and more. Friendly Planet is one of the few tour companies in the United States to have been awarded a People to People license by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Cuba’s culture is rich with contributions from its indigenous, African and European roots. But above all, the people of Cuba are the island’s greatest asset. They are friendly, welcoming, resourceful and full of life. This program will introduce you to the people and provide ample opportunities to interact with them in meaningful and rewarding ways, learning and teaching each other about life in Cuba vs the USA. But don’t wait to reserve your spot. This is a rare opportunity to explore the Cuban healthcare system and space is very limited.
- One night and Welcome Reception at the Crowne Plaza Miami Airport Hotel or similar
- Four nights at elegant San Felipe, the restored mansion in Old Havana
- Three nights at the colonial Iberostar Grand Hotel in the Trinidad city center
- Special Behind-the-Scenes Community Healthcare & Cultural Visits
- Finca La Vigia – House & Farm Of Ernest Hemingway
- Ascend the peaks of Topes de Collantes in vintage Soviet jeeps
- Explore Historical Habana Vieja, the city’s Arts & Cultural hub
- Discover Las Terrazas in beautiful Pinar Del Rio Province, home to Cuba’s famed tobacco growers
- Daily breakfast plus 7 lunches in unique venues
- 4 Dinners, including Private Homes & Paladars
- U.S. Treasury Department license and letter of authorization
- Cuba Entrance Visa