SGS is pleased to be offering the most comprehensive selection of dental sleep medicine seminars in the industry. Treatment of sleep disorders is one of the fastest growing fields in medicine and recent developments have put dentists on the front line. With Obstructive Sleep Apnea reaching epidemic levels in our society you have a unique opportunity to save the lives of those suffering while adding a valuable service to your practice. Many dentists are looking to branch out from traditional dentistry because they are either ready to try something new or because the economy has forced them to look for additional revenue streams – Dental Sleep Medicine is the perfect solution.
Our seminar is unique in that we are not a lab, we do not own a single appliance. Our expert instructors will teach the proper way to treat patients with sleep apnea and share the pro’s and con’s of all appliances so you will leave with a wealth of knowledge and unbiased information.
It is our goal for every seminar attendee to be trained and prepared to begin treating sleep disordered breathing in their practice immediately!
Course Layout 16 CE (AGD/PACE Approved)
- Understanding sleep and sleep disorders
- Physiology of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
- Treatment options including surgery, CPAP and the current state of ”Dental Sleep Medicine”
- Clinical signs and symptoms of sleep disorders in a dental patient
- Screening procedures and office protocols for identifying sleep apnea
- Sleep apnea diagnostic options (Home Sleep Testing, In-Lab PSG Diagnostics)
- How to take proper records, bite registrations to maximize success
- Pro’s and Con’s of all the major oral appliances, how to select an appliance
- Medical insurance billing – a practical approach to maximize patient benefits and minimize risk
- Dental sleep medicine marketing
- HANDS ON: Acoustic Pharyngometer / Rhinometer testing, home sleep tests on attendees, oral appliance review, and more.