Marquette University School of Dentistry and the Wisconsin Dental Association are pleased to offer continuing education sessions during the full days at sea aboard the Silhouette presented by Joseph A. Best, D.D.S., Pd.D.
A patient-based review of Medicine and Anesthesia
Today dentists are being asked to provide anesthesia for patients with complex medical problems. This course will walk participants through the anesthetic management of medically compromised patients in a case-based format. Issues of local anesthetic selection use of oral sedation and nitrous oxide will be discussed. The course will also review common medical problems and how they impact dental care. Management of common medical emergencies will also be presented as well as issues related to office preparation for a medical emergency.
- Understand common medical problems and how they impact dental care
- Understand anesthetic choices for medically compromised patients
- Understand how to manage common medical emergencies in a dental office
- Understand how to prepare a dental office to manage a medical emergency
- Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.
DATE PORT OF CALL ARRIVE DEPART Sun Jan 19 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida – 4:30 pm Mon Jan 20 At Sea Cruising – – Tue Jan 21 San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 pm 9:00 pm Wed Jan 22 Basseterre, St. Kitts 10:00 am 6:00 pm Thu Jan 23 Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 am 5:00 pm Fri Jan 24 At Sea Cruising – – Sat Jan 25 At Sea Cruising – – Sun Jan 26 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 7:00 am –