This course will give you the experience to utilize the Sirona Cone Beam CT (Galileos or XG3D) for surgical planning of implants and understand the fundamentals of guided implant surgery. Intended for clinicians who are interested in, new to, or moderately experienced with implant therapy. This two-day lecture will take you from A to Z in all aspects of guided-implant planning using the Galileos/XG3D and the CEREC, as well as a complete understanding all of the different guided systems that are available to work with the CEREC and Galileos Integration protocol. Learn the basics of implant placement using the guided protocol, and the advantages and disadvantages of each surgical system.
In the demonstration portion on Day 2, students will watch a surgical case that imports the CEREC models into the Galileos software, and virtually places the implants in the ideal position. Participants will then view a fabrication of surgical guide for implant placement and how to utilize this guide according to the guided surgery protocol. This will provide a thorough understanding of the integrated digital implant dentistry protocol, where accurate treatment planning provides a blueprint for the surgical phase thereby rendering the final restorative phase predictable and ideal.
Participants Will Learn:
- Understand the fundamentals of CEREC and Galileos/XG3D Integration
- Understand the basics of dental implant treatment planning, including the advantages of prosthetically driven treatment planning
- Understand the basics of guided surgery over current freehand techniques
- Explore all the fundamentals of planning and fabricating a radiographic scanning template for Galileos scanning, and how the surgical guide is prepared from this prosthesis
- Import prosthetic proposals designed in CEREC into Galileos Implant Software to be used for implant planning
- Know the basics of implant surgery, including avoiding and managing complications
- Understand the basics of flap design, bone grafting, and suture techniques as they relate to implant surgery
- Discover the differences between the implant systems that are supported by the Galileos Implant software
- Comprehend the steps involved from start to finish in planning, placing and restoring an implant using the guided protocol and CEREC