“Enemy of the Smile” Juvenile Periodontitis and Its Effect on the Children Around the World An early-in-life oral infection with the potential to reach epidemic proportions is threatening the health of youths around the world, from China to Israel. The silent disease is targeting thousands of children and young adults, their smiles and, consequently, their emotional and psychological lives.
A movie entitled “What Killed the Smile of Hatshepsut,” is produced by Dr. Nowzari. The aim of this movie is to help raise the level of awareness, so that those who have the power and knowledge can address the suffering of the youngest members of societies.
- Identify the negative impact of early-in-life oral infection on the smiles of children and adults around the world.
- Understand the mechanism of tissue destruction.
- Discuss the psychological as well as the physical importance of preventing periodontal destruction.
Comprehensive Review of Periodontal and Restorative Treatment in the Aesthetic Zone
What We Know and Don’t Know About Dental Implants
- Peri-implant Turnover vs. Dental Turnover
- Implant Dentistry: Commercial Implications vs. Reality
The purpose of this course is to provide scholarly insight into implant dentistry whereby different aspects of dental implantology can be objectively evaluated and criticized. A major focus of the lecture is to evaluate the topic of implant placement vs. tooth retention. The presentation is based on objective interpretation of available data and does not cater to any commercial interest in order to provide a forum for academic discussion.
- Understand the concept of peri-implant turnover vs. alveolar turnover
- Understand tissue enhancement and preservation
- Discuss an evidence-based approach to decision making
- Identify implant associated complications
Impacted Teeth: Diagnostic and Surgical Issues At this course impacted teeth are analyzed and diagnosed. Surgical techniques and timing of treatment for maximum efficiency for different impacted teeth are described and orthodontic eruption discussed.
- Review of surgical techniques and the healing dynamics following orthodontic eruption
- Identify complications and the team approach to resolution